Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bathroom Humor (toddler style)

Isnt it true that as our children learn to speak, there is more reason for embarrassment in our lives? Lately, we have been teaching Clark about the potty. But, now that he has the word down, he likes to say it not just once, but several times, or make a song up about it, or yell it, or whatever. Then, we taught him that we flush the toilet to get rid of the pee-pee or poo-poo. I took him to one of my many doctors appointments lately and as I am in the bathroom trying to get my urine sample, Clark is amusing himself by flushing the toilet over and over and yelling at the top of his lungs, “bye bye poo-poo!” I could hear laughing in the waiting room and from the secretaries in the office.
Even when Clark is not talking about the potty, it sometimes can seem that he is, or that I am. I realized it had gotten a little ridiculous yesterday when I yelled down the hall. “Ok, lets go see what is wrong with your Pooh,” referring to the Pooh movie of course, but it all sounds the same. Whoever named that bear anyway? Then, we went to the DI the other day and Clark found a ramp for his car that he was playing with. He immediately named it “Whee, Whee” because it went so fast. So I end up spending most of the day talking to Clark about his Weewee. Haha.

No comments: